Registration for the 12th Annual Colin’s Hope Kids Triathlon coming soon!
2020 marks the 12th Anniversary of both the Kids Triathlon! We are looking forward to seeing our repeat racers and fresh new faces. This year, we will bring back the elite wave for our competitive racers ages 9-15, along with our standard rookie, junior and senior age groups.
Please Note: The USAT (USA Triathlon) racing age policy states athletes must participate based on their age as of December 31st of the year of the event (12/31/2020).
AGE DIVISIONS & DISTANCES
- Rookies (ages 5-6), Swim – 25 meters, Bike – 0.5 miles, Run – 500 meters
- Juniors (ages 7-10), Swim – 100 meters, Bike – 2.2 miles, Run – 0.6 miles
- Seniors (ages 11-15), Swim – 200 meters, Bike – 4.4 miles, Run – 1.2 miles
- All Elite (ages 9-15), Swim – 200 meters, Bike – 4.4 miles, Run – 1.2 miles
TENTATIVE RACE DAY SCHEDULE
- 7:00am Athletes arrive. Transition area open and body marking. Late packet pickup.
- 8:00am MANDATORY Rookie and parent briefing in the transition area. Transition area closes for Rookies.
- 8:15am Rookie Waves start.
- 8:30am Transition closes for Junior, Senior, Elite. MANDATORY athlete briefing in transition area.
- 9:00am Elite wave start.
- 9:15am Junior wave starts, followed by Senior wave.
Are you new to the sport of triathlon and want more training tips?
Dedicate Your Race. Honor a Life.
One of our valued traditions is inviting athletes to connect with our mission by racing in honor and celebration of a child who has lost his or her life to drowning or survived a non-fatal drowning. To do so, please go to the Families United to Prevent Drowning website, scroll to the bottom of the page and read the Stories Collection with your athlete(s). Choose a child from the collection that inspires your athlete and dedicate the race to honor his/her life. Colin’s Hope works side by side with all of the families represented. The families love to know that our athletes are honoring their children in such a special way. Colin’s Hope will connect you with the family and other Kids Tri athletes who are doing the same to help make this the BEST TRI EVER!
Pledge To Prevent Drowning
We encourage your competitor to participate in another one of our traditions – pledge raising. Pledge raising is an important way our valued athletes help us raise awareness about drowning prevention and the Colin’s Hope mission as well as raise needed funds to keep that mission alive. We may not have the opportunity to reach your friends and family directly with our water safety messaging this year. However, you can reach them by sharing about your participation in the Kids Tri and how our mission has touched your family. Please become one of our awesome Athlete Ambassadors through pledge raising!